Beef pot roast
Photography by Steve Brown
Save precious time with this slow-cooker pot roast recipe that's wholesome and delicious.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2.5kg beef topside roast
- 700g chat potatoes, halved
- 3 large carrots, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 8 eschalots, peeled, halved
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 400g can diced Italian tomatoes with oregano and basil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- Place beef in the bowl of a 5.5 litre slow-cooker. Arrange potato, carrot, eschalots, bay leaves and thyme around beef. Season with salt and pepper. Combine tomato, garlic, stock and 1 cup cold water in a jug. Pour over beef. Cover with lid.
- Turn cooker to low. Cook for 8 hours or until vegetables are tender, turning beef halfway during cooking.
- Transfer beef to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes. Slice thinly. Serve beef with vegetables and sauce.
You can use beef blade or brisket instead of topside.